Homework: For week beginning Monday 22nd February

You will only have spellings to learn over the holiday if you didn’t get them all correct this week.

Work hard to learn the particular times table you are studying at the moment.

Read your reading book at home and ask a grown up to ask you some challenging questions about it.  Make sure you can find evidence in the text to support your answers (prove they are correct).  Make sure you get your log signed by an adult at least once during the week.

Write a short piece about the trip to the Space Centre.  If you did not go on the trip, write a piece about the Star Dome.  Your work must be between 40 and 80 words long, be interesting and be punctuated correctly.  It would be a good idea to plan your work before submitting it.  Leave your work on the correct post.

February 11th, 2016
Weekly homework

4 Responses to “Homework: For week beginning Monday 22nd February”

1. Lottie says:

On Friday 5th February we went to the National Space Center. I was really excited! When I got there we had to wait for quite a long time till everyone arrived. When everyone was there we went to the planetarium to do a quiz which helped me learn a lot more about stars than I used to know.

My favorite part was when we were allowed go nearly anywhere we wanted to inside the space centre!
    I also enjoyed blasting the rocket that I made (I still have it!)

Thank you for making this a wonderful experience and I would love to go again!

• Mrs Callaghan says:

You’re very welcome Lottie. I’m glad you had such an enjoyable time. Well done with this piece of work.

2. Harry says:

On Friday 5th February we went for a night to The National Space Centre. We arrived with our overnight bags and put them in a cart, then Josh took us to the planetarium. We did a quiz with these weird buttons on our seats. Meanwhile some of the adults where doing a health and safety tour. I was extremely excited. Our next challenge was to make a paper rocket. At last it was time to eat. Afterwards we went to the planetarium again but this time we went to learn all about planets. This was really interesting. Next it was time to set up our beds. The large room was very noisy from the other schools. I didn’t feel I slept at all. In the morning it was soon time for breakfast . After breakfast we visited the planetarium once again where we learnt about what you need in space and how to survive. Overall I found it fun but tiring.

• Mrs Callaghan says:

It certainly was tiring. I’m glad you got so much out of the experience though. Thank you for your review. I am most impressed with it – although it should be on the Space Centre post!